API pipe line with carbon steel
API pipeline tube belong to ANSI Petroleum standards. The function of line pipe is to pump the oil, gas, water from field to the refinery.
Pipeline tubes include seamless tube and welded tube. The development of pipeline steel plate technology and welding technique widen the pplication scope of welded pipe.
Especially in large diameter steel tube, welded pipeline tube has the incomparable advantage.
Specifications for API pipeline:
1) Process method: ERW steel pipe, LSAW steek pipe,SSAW steel pipe , Cold drawn, Hot rolled, DSAW
2) Surface finish: Paint Varnish Coating
3) Standards and Material:API 5L,API 5CT A, B, X42, X46, X52, X56, X60, X65, X70, X80 5L B, X42, X52 & API 5CT ASTM A106 GR B ASTM A53 GR B
4) Size: OD 33.4mm – 914mm for seamless steel pipe ,323.8mm -1420mm for LSAW steel pipe ,219mm -3120mm
5) End Finish: Plain ends or bevlled ends
7) Applications: long-distance oil and gas conveying, fluid transportation pipeline
8) Packing term: Standard seaworthy packing, General bunch packing
API 5L X60 steel pipe
API 5L X60 PSL 1 grade designations come from API Spec 5L Specification for Line Pipe. Stronger grades have the designation X followed by the specified minimum yield strength of the pipe steel, measured in kilopounds per square inch (abbreviated ksi). Standard Line Pipe has grade designation A and B.
Application: gas, water and oil transportation in both oil and natural gas.
Chemical composition of API 5L X60
|API 5L X60 seamless pipe||≤0.28||≤0.45||≤1.60||≤0.03||≤0.01||≤0.15||≤0.05||≤0.04|
|API 5L X60 welded pipe||≤0.26||≤||≤1.60||≤0.03||≤0.01||≤0.15||≤0.05||≤0.04|
Mechanical properties of API 5L X60
|Standard||Tensile strength (Mpa)||Yield strength (Mpa)||Elongation (%)|
|API 5L X60||≥435||≥320||≥28|
Post time: Sep-24-2019