API oil casing is a steel pipe used to support the wall of oil and gas wells to ensure the normal operation of the entire oil well during the drilling process and after completion.
The hydrostatic pressure test of casing pipe is an indispensable part of the production process of the steel pipe. Its role is to test the anti-leakage performance of the steel pipe under standard test pressure and regulation time. Like radiographs, ultrasonics, and other flaw detection techniques, it is an important means of testing the overall quality of steel tubes.
The popular description is to fill the pipe with water and test its ability to maintain the specified pressure without leaking or breaking under pressure. Its operations include three steps: flushing, pressure testing and water control.
API 5CT standard for hydrostatic pressure test:
1. The hydrostatic pressure test value of coupling and threaded pipe is the lowest value of the hydrostatic test pressure of the flat end pipe, the maximum hydrostatic pressure test pressure of the coupling, and the internal pressure leakage resistance, but the standard maximum pressure is 69MPa and the pressure is calculated. The value is generally rounded to the nearest 0.5 MPa.
2. According to API requirements, the hydrostatic test pressure measuring device should be calibrated within 4 months before each use.
3. If the customer has special requirements, a higher pressure test pressure can be selected.
4. Hydrostatic pressure test Leakage is the basis for rejection.
5. Except where otherwise agreed between the purchaser and the manufacturer, hydrostatic pressure testing is not required for coupling blanks, coupling materials, nearby materials, or Q125 steel pup joints.
Post time: Sep-28-2023