The hot water sweeping method can be used to remove the blockage:
1. Use a 500 or 400 pump truck, 60 cubic meters of hot water at about 70 degrees Celsius (depending on the pipeline volume).
2. Connect the wire sweeping pipeline to the wire sweeping head. The pipeline should be firmly connected, fixed and pressure tested.
3. Pump water into the pipeline with a small displacement first, observe the pump pressure, maintain a stable pump pressure, and continue to pump water.
4. If the pump pressure is stable and does not rise, the displacement can be increased gradually. Continuously pump water and slowly dissolve the wax and dead oil in the pipeline.
5. The temperature at the end of admission. If the temperature at the endpoint rises, the pipeline is open. It can increase the displacement of the pump truck and quickly pump water into the pipeline to wash away the dissolved wax or dead oil.
6. After all the pipelines have been swept through, stop pumping water, vent, and remove the sweeping pipelines. Switch back to the original process.
Note: During operation, the initial displacement should not be too large. If it is too large, it will easily block the pipeline. The displacement should be gradually increased.
The amount of water used depends on the length and volume of the pipeline.
If the pipeline is severely clogged, it cannot be swept with hot water. It is necessary to use the method of segmented block removal. It is necessary to “open skylights” on the pipeline in sections, weld the wire sweeping head, and perform hot water sweeping to remove the blockage.
How to Unblock the Gathering and Transportation Wax Condensation Buried Oil Pipeline in Winter
Post time: Jun-16-2021